By Robin Cronan, 23rd March 2015
Over the past few years, in a time when many organisations have been struggling, Qbase has achieved phenomenal growth. Our success has been led by a strong leadership team and a commitment and investment in people.
To support and nurture this growth we have generated and recruited a variety of new positions. One of those yet to be filled is our Account Manager role. If you are interested in this position we have included a copy of the job specification below.
Qbase is seeking an Account Manager, preferably with a minimum experience of one year in a database/direct marketing role. The successful candidate will create and implement data solutions for our client base, as well as identifying and converting prospects to clients. With a focus on exceptional customer service, you will ensure that your client portfolio is serviced to the highest levels and that Qbase is our customers’ preferred first choice of supplier.
Reporting to the Head of Data Sourcing, this is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding, innovative and exciting business in the growth sector of marketing data services.
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Reporting to the Head of Data Sourcing, you will be working with a number of new and current prospects and clients to help them develop their marketing data strategies and plans. Your time will be split between identifying and converting new clients and managing a portfolio of current clients.
You will be expected to hit quarterly “new business” targets and to grow the profitability of your client portfolio. You will create data solutions, manage the successful delivery of work and be the point of liaison between the client, data suppliers and other Qbase teams.
You will be responsible for developing and growing new and established Accounts and identifying new opportunities with the clients. Clients will look to you for expertise and guidance in supporting their business, marketing, IT and data objectives, making this much more than a standard Account Management role.
Our clients are located across the UK and you may be expected to make regular visits to their offices as part of your role.
Qbase is an innovative data marketing agency based in Warrington.
In business since 1990, we employ over 40 people and help companies save money and improve profitability from their marketing through the use of data services, business insight and marketing infrastructure solutions.
Our clients are varied and cover B2B, B2C, Governmental and Charitable organisations, such as BT Sport, NSPCC, BSkyB, RNLI, Food Standards Agency, Next Directory and many others.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As an Account Manager we will rely on you to represent Qbase in key client Accounts, therefore you should be a great communicator with a history of building strong relationships and always delivering on promises. You should be the type of person who is brimming with new ideas on how to improve things and if you are a strategic thinker, this will definitely be a role you will enjoy.
We need someone who understands marketing and the role that data plays in delivering highly targeted, relevant communications. Therefore if you have a marketing background we would definitely like to hear from you. Ideally you will have a good understanding of technologies such as CRM platforms, business insight and analysis tools and have an appreciation of data quality, marketing lists and customer segmentation.
We need someone who responds well to challenges and targets as you will be tasked with improving the profitability of your accounts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying prospects and engaging with them to convert them into clients
- Building relationships with new clients and developing solutions to meet their requirements
- Briefing other teams within Qbase and ensuring co-operative working across the group
- Sourcing, liaising and negotiating with Suppliers
- Sourcing new data opportunities and providing list broking services for new and existing clients
- Building client relationships at a strategic and operational level through client contact
- Actively seeking out opportunities to develop incremental business with key clients
- Writing of proposals and following up of opportunities
- Working closely with the Head of Data Sourcing on large projects
- Giving daily support to the Head of Data Sourcing
- Overseeing the quality of service delivery in terms of efficiency and client satisfaction
- Participation in brainstorms, strategy development and data project planning.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a working knowledge of data and marketing. You should be a quick learner. We would expect that early in your tenure you will be comfortable talking to a client knowledgably and confidently about data, analysis, insight and databases. In terms of your skills and experience, we’re looking for:
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to multitask and continually reprioritise tasks against agreed objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have previously worked in a marketing role
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of the data and list broking market and suppliers
HOW TO APPLY
Anyone interested in this position is advised to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strictly no agencies.