We’ve made a commitment to making Qbase’s website accessible to as many different people as possible. The site aims to be compliant with worldwide standards for accessibility. Accordingly, we feel that making our site accessible improves the visitor experience for all.
Steps we’ve taken
Here are some of the steps we’ve taken here at Qbase to ensure accessible web pages:
- Firstly, we use alt tags with our images;
- Also, we employ sufficient contrast on colours;
- Using CSS to allow the separation of style and content;
- Providing alternative content where page elements are not accessible/unsupported;
- Captioning or providing transcripts for audio/video content;
- Publishing pages generated from valid HTML templates;
- Communicating best practice to all web editors, encouraging the use of appropriate headings and clearly labelled links;
- Finally, we adjust the text size.
- On Microsoft Internet Explorer hold Alt + V, then press X and finally, Return (Enter).
- When using Firefox, hold Ctrl, then use the plus and minus keys to adjust the font size.
- On Chrome hold Ctrl and then use the plus and minus keys to adjust the font size.
- On Opera use the plus as well as the minus keys to increase/decrease font size, respectively.